Flat and declining growth rates with mature product lines, in fragmented parts of their industries, with an unfocused organization perceived by the industry as to small, to short of resources and capabilities to be a factor.
- Evaluated product lines and the customer base
- Evaluated the organization
- Developed appropriate strategy to fix “perception” issues of quality and engineering
- Developed and implemented “storefront “ marketing strategy
- Developed appropriate sales literature, a new name, and a new image
- Developed and implemental vertical and horizontal growth strategies with the product lines and customer base
- Accelerated design engineering , manufacturing technology and facility improvement programs
- Developed a “black box” mentality in house
- Developed a “black box” perception of the company within the customer base
- Developed and implemented new forecasting models: planning part by part, month by month, 3 to 5 yrs on a rolling basis, with margin forecasts by part, product line, and customer
- Accelerated move from 80% aftermarket to 95% O.E.
- Successfully changed in house measure of success from a specific product to a variety of engineered value added products with higher margins
- Planned and implemented European strategy
Five year sales growth rate of 24% and 19% in earnings, achieved Business Week list of top 100 growth companies.